PCI has provided professional services to the energy industry for more than 20 years. At our core are energy professionals and academics that understand the energy markets at their most fundamental levels.
PCI products integrate, optimize, settle and analyze portfolios for participants in all of North America’s markets. With several hundred client engagements and 100 percent referenceable client base, we have a proven track record of returning value to our clients.
Whether implementing and integrating our software tools into a customer’s environment via on-premise installation or through the PCI hosted environment, PCI boasts a proven track record of success. Our company has implemented hundreds of solutions ranging from helping a client join a new RTO, to changing an existing Market Operating System, to managing a large custom implementation using PCI’s Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence tools. No matter your unique needs, PCI has the experts and the strategy to improve the way your business runs.
PCI developed our product delivery process over many implementations and is constantly improving the process to keep up with changes in the energy market and advances in technology. Our methodology comprises sales, project management, software application teams and support staff to streamline the implementation process, with many of our steps based on the Agile methodology of rapid deployment and high customer involvement.
Our team of dedicated project managers have an average of more than eight years of experience working with PCI clients, meaning they not only understand PCI products but also have a documented history of successfully implementing our software tools.
Our capabilities include integrating our products with other software tools such as accounting systems, SCADA systems, Internet systems, metering systems, ETRM systems, historian systems and various enterprise interface bus systems.
Regardless of the size or scope of your project, PCI will help you to achieve your objectives.
PCI provides our clients strategic consulting and staff augmentation in the areas of asset optimization, settlement services, RTO consulting on SCUC, PCI on-site maintenance support, integration services, general project management and other client-specific services.
We have helped clients boost transparency by increasing the flow of information among business units for improved operational efficiency.
PCI areas of expertise include:
- Improving front and back office processes for all RTO markets
- Improving business processes in non-RTO operations
- Improving data flow throughout your enterprise
- Custom application development
- Security Constrained Unit Commitment assessment and optimization
Our staff of highly experienced and motivated individuals are ready to work with you and your team to achieve your company goals.
Since 2007, PCI has conducted a variety of ISO/RTO market workshops and is recognized today as one of the most authoritative, credible and qualified educators on a diverse array of topics associated with market operations and participation. Our workshops are typically two-day events presented by senior PCI staff members who are well-known subject matter experts in the energy industry.
PCI workshops enable participants to integrate their expanded knowledge into everyday job functions so they can immediately use it to positively impact their company’s operations and profitability.
Our course content and instruction consistently receive rave reviews from attendees who strongly insist they get the absolute best training available.
PCI has conducted the following types of seminars for multiple ISO/RTO markets:
- Preparing for market go-live
- Developing bidding strategies and maximizing the value of generation company assets
- Managing bid-to-bill workflows
- Understanding and validating settlement charges
- Using settlement results to provide feedback to traders on effective bidding strategies
- Strategies for bidding ancillary services in LMP markets
- Advanced bidding and settlement
- Portfolio optimization and risk management
PCI also develops custom workshops and agendas for individual companies that want to train and better equip key members of their staff.
PCI has provided more than 500 training classes to energy professionals, is recognized as an industry leader in training and often provides classes through our partners like EUCI. We offer customized training on-site or in our new state-of-the-art facilities in Norman, Oklahoma.
A few examples of previous training classes include:
- Front Office – all markets
- Bidding strategies
- Asset optimization
- Co-optimization of ancillary services
- Profit and loss leakage – using settlements to help the front office
- Back Office – all markets
- Understanding even the most complex charge types
- Making sense of back office data
- Asset optimization using Deterministic and Stochastic Models
- Modeling emissions for CSAPR
PCI will develop the right training program for the specific needs of your organization.