PCI GenTrader® is used today at the leading energy companies in the world. It is the most comprehensive optimization engine in the energy industry. It is designed to model complex portfolios of power and fuel resources, including generators, contracts, options, and ancillary services in great detail. The breadth and depth of PCI GenTrader® for analytical support of operations and trading is un-matched in the energy software industry.
PCI GenTrader® has demonstrated significant return on investment when applied in short-term operational and trading processes, mid-term planning processes, and long-term budgeting and valuation studies.
The prominent features of PCI GenTrader® include:
- Multiple and concurrent fuel and emission limits
- Multi-stage combined-cycle model
- Ancillary services (Regulation Up/Down, Spinning Reserve, Non-spinning reserve,
- Balancing Down)
- Energy limited contracts
- Locational marginal price support
- Monte Carlo simulation and stochastic risk model
- Uncertainty considerations in prices, volume, and units
- Arbitrage among power, fuel, and ancillary markets
- Projected P&L at hourly granularity
- Projected hourly operational statistics (MWh, Starts, MBtu, Online Hours)
Using these kinds of features in PCI GenTrader®, your company can enhance the knowledge base upon which you operate.