System Integration & Automation
PCI GenPortal® is our web-based Business Process Management (BPM) and automation solution designed for managing generation assets. It is the functional platform for all of PCI’s software applications, and enables seamless, enterprise-level integration, allowing managers and traders to optimize and offer their generation portfolio(s) in a near real-time mode.
GenPortal® is a highly configurable system that spreads knowledge across your organization by integrating diverse pieces of data to optimize decision-making. It reveals hidden operational and workflow savings while maximizing return on investment (ROI). More than any other energy asset management tool, PCI GenPortal® combines complete control and a scalable service-oriented architecture (SOA) to provide a turnkey BPM solution.
GenPortal® supports various types of energy companies with numerous business requirements including:
- Managing generation asset operations and portfolio risk
- Serving native load requirements
- Making incremental market purchases/sales
- Automating asset management/trading processes and workflows
- Owning, operating, acquiring and maintaining generation assets
- Marketing available generation through contracts
- Analyzing business results
- Accessing near real-time data and reports
- Minimizing costs/maximizing profits
PCI GenPortal® offers comprehensive functionality to simplify and speed the assimilation, rationalization and display of many diverse types of data. Benefits include:
- On-premise or hosted deployment options. Choose the one that best meets your business requirements.
- A common transactional database, interface and workflow management platform
- Increasing “actionability” of information
- Optimizing and speeding workflows during trading periods
- Replacement of trader and plant spreadsheets to eliminate double entry
- Interfacing and data exchange with ETRM, SCADA, historians, transmission, weather and other systems
- Full audit capability for IT compliance
- “Hardened” role-based and user-specific security
- Transmission Operators can account for production, consumption and flows as well as close and verify power activities
- Automated purging of records and archiving of files