Power Costs, Inc. (PCI) is the leading provider of energy trading software, superior customer support and value-added services for energy companies worldwide.
Founded in 1992, PCI delivers a software platform that optimizes more than half the power generated in North America, and is utilized by 70% of the Fortune 500 Energy and Utility firms in the U.S. Our company is privately held and based in Norman (OK) with offices in Houston (TX), Raleigh (NC) and Mexico City. It is the mission of PCI’s talented staff of almost 300 IT and energy market experts to continue developing and refining software solutions that allow our client partners to:
- Optimize asset operations and all front-to-back functions
- Identify and capitalize on every market opportunity
- Maximize all portfolio and staff capabilities
- Deliver safe, reliable, affordable energy to customers
PCI clients come from every segment of the wholesale power supply spectrum and include some of the largest, integrated energy enterprises in the world. We serve:
- Investor Owned Utilities
- Federal Power Marketing Administrations
- Public Power Utilities
- Generation & Transmission Cooperatives
- Independent Power Producers
- Energy Marketers & Traders
THE PCI Platform
Over almost three decades, PCI has grown organically with the steady increase in demand by energy companies for faster, more powerful, multi-functional, enterprise-level software solutions.
The evolution in ISO/RTO markets, paired with the quickening pace of technological change, have driven the need for a migration toward a single, open, secure and (increasingly), cloud hosted platform capable of automating and streamlining every aspect of front, mid, and back office operations. We call this the PCI Platform.
- We are an established, highly trusted vendor with deep expertise from professionals in energy operations, markets, software development and project management.
- Experienced energy market experts provide thought and product development leadership to ensure that the PCI Platform is updated to incorporate all ISO/RTO market rule and policy changes.
- The PCI Platform supports your entire organization. This reduces the costs of maintaining multiple systems and enhances team communication and efficiency.
- PCI incorporates a 360° perspective relative to any enterprise’s requirements, with an ability to translate those needs into tailored solutions delivered via a focused implementation plan.
- PCI offers secure cloud hosting or, locally installed options for any application.
- Broad, enterprise-level functionality meets the most complex applications and delivers “out of the box” solutions more basic needs.
- The PCI Platform can easily easily scale and grow as an organization’s requirements change over time.
- We offer integration with any third party or homegrown (legacy) systems.
- Complete software training is supplied for every PCI implementation to minimize learning curves and maximize fast system adoption.
- Standard and 24/7 client service options are available to meet any support need.