Rayburn Electric Cooperative Goes Live with PCI’s Cloud Platform for Member Billing Needs
As part of this new partnership, PCI deployed its specifically tailored, cloud-based, integrated platform to replace Rayburn Electric’s legacy system and several in-house applications. The new Member Billing Solution implemented by PCI, enables Rayburn Electric to:
- Manage multiple-member power supply contracts, including power purchase agreements (PPAs)
- Perform billing calculations leveraging PCI’s settlements business rules engine
- Validate and allocate ERCOT settlement charges
- Manage various billing components including transmission, distribution, and service costs
- Interface with upstream and downstream (physical, telemetered, and G/L accounting) systems
- Maintain comprehensive auditability with all data versions
- Automate invoice creation and management workflows
Rayburn Electric CEO and President, David Naylor noted, “We are committed to our members and continually strive to add value to their portfolios and implementing a comprehensive billing platform offers increased transparency for them.” Adding, “We are proud to partner with PCI on this project and appreciate the professional collaboration for delivery of a robust platform.”
Rayburn Electric obtains power from various sources to maintain lower power costs for its members. Renewables are a key part of the cooperative’s portfolio, including hydroelectric power from Denison Dam and several solar projects located within its territory.
“We have a rich history of serving the public power sector and have found a great customer partner in Rayburn Electric, one that has a matching customer-centric mindset. The successful go-live represents our continued success in delivering a reliable and value-generating software platform,” said PCI Vice President, Shailesh Mishra.
As part of the next phase of this project, Rayburn Electric plans to leverage the PCI Platform to provide its customers with a dedicated member portal application for on-demand access to energy data and enhanced reporting. PCI’s Platform offers unmatched functionality for public power entities to optimize their generation and transmission portfolios, including co-optimization of Energy Storage Systems (ESS) in wholesale power markets.