Power Transmission SYSTEMS
Balancing Authorities (BA) and Transmission Providers use PCI to efficiently streamline generation dispatch, operations, interchange accounting, load calculations, and transmission customer billing. PCI’s Platform is well suited for exchanging, monitoring, and collecting data with an ISO, neighboring BAs, and Reliability Coordinators to ensure stable operation of the interconnection and improve accuracy in settlement and after-the-fact billing. PCI’s system encompasses the following functions:
- Manages area balance, interchange scheduling and After-the-Fact (ATF) checkout
- Manages, automates, and streamlines the calculation and validation of generation and load meters, interchange schedules (tie-line flows) in and out of defined areas, as well as identification of potential meter errors.
- Extends PCI’s Energy Accounting system to:
- Produce invoice and checkout reports for each Transmission Customer (TC)
- Shadow invoices received from other Transmission Providers (TP)
- Integrate with any general ledger systems (e.g., SAP, PeopleSoft, etc.)
- Provides a comprehensive solution for meeting NERC requirements and managing all transmission and generation outages – while reporting them to one or several ISOs.
- PCI‘s Outage Management module is a subset of a larger, mulitple-module Asset Operations solution which supplies a coordinated stream of outage event and status data from plant to front office then to the ISO.