“Maximizing Asset Profitability in the Southeast Energy Exchange Market (SEEM)”
Event Date: OCT 28, 2021
A dozen utilities and cooperatives in 11 Southeastern states are currently collaborating to form the SEEM. This new bilateral market will provide an automated clearing engine to match bids and offers in 15-minute intervals and increase the volume of real-time energy trades by using a zero-cost, non-firm transmission product that meets all transmission constraints. Note that FERC has recently approved the SEEM design.
The purpose of next week’s webinar is threefold. PCI experts will:
- Review the design and trading workflow for the SEEM and its participants.
- Summarize critical steps to prepare for the SEEM go-live in 2022.
- Demonstrate a prototyped version of our trading platform for SEEM participants. Case examples will be used to illustrate how the platform automates the entire trading workflow to
- Generate balanced schedules to create SEEM bids and offers
- Submit bids and offers to the SEEM Portal
- Download 15-minute cleared trades and prices
- Calculate profit and loss metrics
Note that PCI’s SEEM Trading Platform creates and submit trades automatically, while also receiving direct P&L feedback after trades have been executed.