PCI Gas Management combines physical supply as well as transportation contracts, giving users complete control over path selection as well as standard options and time-dependent strike options. PCI Gas Management communicates with gas pipelines using a standard protocol that is beneficial to both gas companies operating city gates as well as generation companies operating gas-fired power plants.
PCI’s Gas Management Solution provides you the ability to view position information related to the pipeline, locations and counterparties then easily export it to Microsoft Excel or other external systems.
Benefits and Key Features
- Physical modeling of gas systems — including all pipelines, hubs, points and paths
- Gas schedule optimization based on paths, price data and pipeline constraints
- Custom interface to strike options and purchase market supplies
- Integration with real-time and day-ahead power system processes
- Gas transportation management, including control over pipelines and storage
- Powerful scheduling tools to update gas prices and forecast gas burn
- Pipeline capacity reservation to maximize cost savings
- Summary and detail reports to provide a clear overview of contracts and gas supply