ISO Market Participation
With so many regional ISO/RTO-controlled markets now in place, and others areas considering centralized control of unit commitment and dispatch, it has become imperative to have more control and a better understanding of the entire bid-to-bill process.
PCI GenManager® is the most comprehensive software solution available to automate and optimize all the front and back-office workflows unique to every North American market. GenManager is able to build sets of strategies in-advance and apply them to automatically create a series of bids and offers for consideration in each market’s Day-Ahead (DA) and Real-Time (RT) processes.
GenManager incorporates LMPs and deep-dive analytics, while its modular, Web Services architecture provides unparalleled flexibility to speed responses to varying market conditions. The system also easily links to any data source or third-party systems.
GenManager is utilized by participants in all U.S., Canadian and Mexican energy markets, including:
- AESO (Alberta Electric System Operator)
- IESO (Independent Electricity System Operator – Ontario)
- ISO New England
- MEM – Mexico
- New York ISO
- PJM Interconnection
- Southwest Power Pool
GenManager supplies all mission-critical capabilities and offers numerous benefits to your enterprise:
- On-premise or hosted deployment options
- Settlement for ISO participants and bilateral trading organizations
- Full automation and optimization of all Front and Back Office processes
- Substantially speed portfolio creation, bid/offer submission, trading, analysis of results and reactions to market and operational changes
- Create easy-to-use, reusable, strategies that facilitate fast submission of bidding positions to the ISO
- Customized user interfaces (based on job function) reflect the terminology and workflows specific to each individual ISO
- Validate pre-settlement and shadow ISO settlement statements and invoices
- Quickly identify ISO settlement discrepancies, dispute submission, tracking and resolution
- A highly flexible architecture is easily tailored to the unique aspects of each market
- Full support for data export as well as copy/paste functionality with other applications (e.g., Microsoft Excel, etc.)